If you have been sexually assaulted or raped, please remember it is not your fault. Regardless of what you might have been wearing, how much you’d had to drink or who was involved.
- Call 999 for emergency assistance from the Police
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - 01924 298954 (Helpline)
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
There is a confidential answer phone which you can use to leave messages outside working hours. The offence does not have to be reported to the Police in order to access the service.
- Collect evidence
If you want forensic evidence to be collected, you should try and seek help within 72 hours and if possible, take these steps:
- Don’t wash
- Don’t brush your teeth
- Do not change your clothes
- If you do change your clothes, do not wash them and put them in a clean plastic bag
- Try not go to the toilet
- Do not clear up anything from the area of the incident
Don't worry: if you have already done some of these things. It's possible that there is still forensic evidence to collect.
For more detailed information, please check our Rape & Sexual Violence section.