Try our Express service at the Merrion Centre clinic!
The Express service at the Merrion Centre clinic is a service for rapid Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea self-testing only, and will run separately to our normal drop in and appointment services.
It will be open 9:00 to 15:00, and also 17:30 to 19:30 from Monday to Thursday and 9:00 to 16:30 on Friday.
There are 4 easy steps to access this express service:
- Come in and register
- Complete your chlamydia and gonorrhoea test with full instructions
- Post your completed sample into the collection box together with your registration sheet
- Await your text with your chlamydia and gonorrhoea results (can take up to 10 working days)
This service is accessible for you if:
- You are 16 years or older and want a routine check up
- You are free from symptoms (burning, discharge, pain, abnormal bleeding, skin changes)
- You have not knowingly been in contact with an infection
- You have had your blood tested in the past for HIV and syphilis
- You are not a man who has sex with men (we would advise extra tests and vaccinations which cannot be facilitated through this Express service)
- You are not working in the sex industry (we would advise extra tests and vaccinations which cannot be facilitated through this Express service)
All you need to do is complete a form in the waiting area before registering at the reception desk for Express. Please provide accurate information to ensure we can get results back to you.
- *Important information*
- Men should not pass urine for at least one hour prior to giving a sample.
- Your results will take up to ten working days (2 weeks) to process and you will receive a negative text or a message to call us regarding your results.
- It is recommended that people under 25 years old retest yearly for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, or every 6 months if you change partner frequently.
- There is a 2 week window period for chlamydia and gonorrhoea. This means that any infection you may have picked up through sex in the last 2 weeks will not be detected. If you are testing because of a specific sexual encounter we would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks to use Express. (If you have any symptoms, require Emergency contraception or may need PEP against HIV, please DO NOT WAIT - attend our drop in service.
- Chlamydia and gonorrhoea can live in more than one place. For this reason it is important to test the right place. A swab is always recommended if you have a vagina, as a urine test could miss an infection. Currently the Express service can only offer a vaginal swab or urine sample - if you need additional sites testing or blood tests for HIV, syphilis or hepatitis please use our walk in or appointment services.
- At very busy times we may ask you to attend another time, or consider using a postal kit.