Merrion Centre, Leeds
On Saturday the 20th of August we are offering a Youth worker supported Clinic. Visit the 'News' section '20th of August: Youth worker supported clinic'
This clinic runs a mix of drop in sessions and booked appointments. Drop in sessions are from 8:10am to 12:30pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday. If you are coming to the drop in clinic you will need to be registered in clinic 30 minutes before the close of the session so that we have enough time to complete your consultation.
The clinic can be very busy at times but our aim is to see you within one hour of your arrival.
Please be aware that although we offer a drop in service, slots are limited so if the clinic is oversubscribed (too many patients waiting to be seen), then you may be asked to come back at another time or day.
There may also be times when the drop in clinics may need to close earlier than the advertised times due to high number of patients attending before the end of the clinic session. We have to make the decision to close so that all those already waiting can be offered appropriate care safely. However our reception desk will remain open until the advertised closing time to deal with queries.
Appointment sessions run at different times depending on the day of the week. Please check our Clinics' Timetable page for more detail information.
Appointments can only be booked 48 hours in advance If you would like to book an appointment please call 0113 392 0333. Sometimes our appointment lists can take a little longer than planned, but if you have a booked appointment our aim is to see you within 30 minutes of your arrival.
The service will now be a dedicated service for under 18s only and will be open from 3:30 to 5:30pm Monday to Thursdays. This is a drop in service, so no appointment is necessary.
If you already have a registered C-Card, you can pick up condoms at any time the clinic is open. New C-Card registration is available during the Young People's clinic drop-ins or during drop in clinics .
Tuesday night @ Merrion centre focuses on sexual health for men.
The clinic is open from 5:15 to 8pm. The last appointment will be 30 minutes before the clinic closure time to allow sufficient time for patient consultations to be completed.
This clinic will focus on men’s sexual health, including men using drugs for sex, gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men and trans people, plus those at higher HIV risk.
Saturday clinic is now running at the Merrion Centre. The service is a drop in service that runs from 11:15am to 3pm.
Priority will be given to patients who:
- Have new symptoms of an STI
- Need emergency contraception
- Are under 19 years old
- Have completely run out of contraception
- Need PEP
We will not provide repeat supplies of contraceptive pills, fit/remove IUCD's or implants. We can offer a limited number of asymptomatic screens and our express service which is a self-taken swab or urine test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea only.
Open to all
CAUTION: Drop-ins are Monday, Tuesdays and Fridays from 8.10am to 12.30pm (+ Saturday 11:15am to 3.00pm Emergencies ONLY) - All other sessions are appointment-only, please call appointment line on 0113 392 0333 to book an appointment.
0113 392 0333
The Centre for Sexual Health
Merrion Centre -1st Floor
50 Merrion Way
- Emergency Contraception
- Pregnancy Testing
- Chlamydia Testing
- Support and Advice
- STI Testing
- HIV Testing
- PePSE (HIV treatment)
- Condoms (over 25s)
- Drop-in Clinic
- C-Card Registration (free condoms for under 25s)
- C-Card Pick Up (free condoms for under 25s)
Full list of services available
- Emergency contraception which can be used up to 5 days after unprotected sex
- Supply of the contraceptive pill
- Supply of contraceptive injection
- Coil fitting and removal – following a consultation (may not be available at all sites)
- Management of problems with coils e.g. missing threads or pain.
- Diaphragm (Cap) fitting and follow up
- Contraceptive implant insertion and removal, including specialist clinics for deep implant removal.
- Pregnancy tests
- Free condoms
- Testing and treatment for STIs
- Testing and treatment for Thrush and bacterial vaginosis
- Treatment of genital warts
- Testicular examination
- PEP (Post Exposure Prophylaxis)
- Hepatitis B screening and immunisation for Hepatitis A and B
- Management of contacts of STIs
- Outreach services for specific communities at higher risk of STIs, including Sex workers, MSM and young people
- Referral to other agencies relevant to your visit
All the above services are confidential and can be accessed by anyone over the age of 13. Everybody attending will have an assessment and may be referred to other agencies depending on their needs.